During such challenging times it has been really reassuring to see so many people online providing information to assist people and businesses. It has never been more important to work together, collaborate and support people through this extreme period of uncertainty and social isolation.
There seems to be a new challenge being faced every day by businesses given how rapidly the work landscape is evolving nationally and globally. In the coming days/weeks/months, there are some very real questions that businesses are facing about their employees and the pressure to have all the answers is immense. We thought it would be useful to share the top 10 questions we are currently receiving from our clients and networks for you to turn your mind to (…if you haven’t already!):
- How long can I continue to pay employees during this crisis while they are not working?
- Do we have the right working from home policies and procedures in place for employees to work from home for long periods of time?
- How much unlimited personal leave is reasonable?
- What aspects of people’s jobs can truly be done from home?
- What are some of the innovative ways’ employees can still be effective and work from home?
- How do I effectively support my casual, consulting, contracting workforce?
- How do I effectively support my employees who have to care for children while working from home?
- What are some of the flexible options to try and retain employees and keep my business afloat?
- As a last resort, when may I need to start laying off employees and what are my obligations around this?
- How do I keep employees motivated and engaged through these challenging times?
At shilo. we can help you work through these challenges and help navigate workable solutions for your business. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-Founder and Chief People Officer