Technological advancements including Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual Reality (VR) and Robotics are continuing to disrupt every organisation and function and there are no signs of this slowing down into the foreseeable future. Human Resources is no exception to this trend. Technology advancements are changing the way humans work making it more interesting, challenging and valuable. As artificial intelligence and cognitive solutions evolve, organisations will need to assess how they structure their teams, design jobs and tasks, and plan for the future and growth of their businesses.
As you look across the entire employee experience lifecycle there are technological impacts that could change, improve or enhance how both your leaders and employees interact. For example, AI has the potential to change and improve recruitment, talent and performance management processes and the automation of transactional tasks such as screening CV’s, processing payroll and leave requests.
There is evidence to suggest that HR still has a way to go in terms of the capture, analysis and use of employee data. There are already products in the market that enable you to get real-time insights through your employee data and many can integrate with existing systems and platforms. Dynamic dashboards can be created by extracting accurate and reliable data that will enable businesses to make informed data driven decisions. In many organisations, employees are the most significant cost to the business. The use of AI and other technological advancements will impact human resources and are critical for management to understand the most efficient and effective utilisation of their employees.
The data you should consider capturing and reporting on include:
- Monitoring employee engagement and morale.
- Measuring performance including OKR’s, goal and KPI progress and return on investment.
- Predicting trends and planning for the future.
- Identifying skills gaps and training needs and the effectiveness of learning programs.
- Managing compliance and measuring critical metrics, for example, safety performance.
- Tracking current and future remuneration spend.
- Diversity & inclusion metrics and progress.
- Talent acquisition and retention analysis.
shilo.consultants will help you to determine the HR technologies, systems and reporting measures required to align to your organisational strategy and investment spend. Our consultants can assist you with:
- Developing an HR technology and systems roadmap.
- Aligning HR technology and systems solutions to the end to end employee experience.
- Identifying emerging HR technologies that would further enhance your overall business performance.
- Identifying ways to streamline and improve your HR processes through technological solutions.
- Creating reporting solutions that measure key people outcomes.
- Developing key people metrics to improve overall business performance.
- Creating HR dashboards with analysis to inform business decision making.